2 hours per week at TAFE. Pace and hours of of internet training, can be altered for small groups of beginners. Discounts for Non-Profit Organisations, pensioners, students and Groups greater than one person. Free training manuals to keep.
What is the Internet? Overview
(eg MS Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Amaya )
- Page Title
- Dropdown menu.
- Standard buttons Navigation, home, history, etc.
- Address Line
- Bookmarks (Favourites)
- Copying text, pictures, pages, etc
- Web based mail.
- Clearing History from c:\windows\temporary internet folder.
- Viewing source code.
- Setting your homepage (not available for TAFE students)
Web Addresses (Uniform Resource Locators - URL)
- (URL wvvw.something.com )
- Types: Country codes , organisations, etc.
- Home pages (index.htm or index.html)
- Sites eg: free music, stock exchange, educational, sport, government, recreational, free software, pictures, web designer resources, etc.
- Web based email
- Online calendars
- Organizing Bookmarks.
- Domain names and Trademarks
- Search techniques: Phrasing keywords, Boolean expressions, etc.
- Which SE and when
- Avoiding junk
- Submission of your site to: free and paid express.
- eg MS Outlook, Eudora, Communicator
- Formatting or Plain text (When and why)
- Inserting a picture
- Setting up an email account
- Stationery "signature" design, setup and automatic insertion
- Address Book
- Organising Outlook folder shortcuts eg inbox, contacts, etc.
Making money from home with the internet.
(Not available for my TAFE students at Subiaco )
Graduation / Certificate presentation
Creating your own web page. Quick introduction.